Sunday, September 15, 2013

Lets get started with the first day of exhaustion!

I just retired from a great accounting job working with a very fast growing church at the age of 57. I still have a lot of time to share "what I know" to anyone that wants to listen. The most important thing I want to share with everyone is to shout from the rooftop "live with no regrets".  Life is so fast and short here on earth.

My husband and I have lived very full lives together. We have raised two girls while traveling the world, climbed mountains on multiple continents, ran marathons, scuba dived in multiple countries, rode our tandem bikes across American (with our girls), and ride our road bikes, mountain bikes, motorcycles, and our horses! The day is not complete unless you put your head down on your pillow exhausted from living the day!

Just this week I flew to Key West, walked 20 miles along the ocean front, ran multiple miles, kayaked 7 miles, finished knitting a hat for my grand daughter, made a quilted bag and Christmas present for another grand daughter, fished and help catch four beautiful lobsters for dinner, went out to dinner with friends, and spent quality time with my husband discussing our next adventures. Life is full.

Join me in encouraging each other to continue our pursuit in making sure that you finish this life with "no regrets".

Diane




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post Diane! I love your spirit! I look forward to keeping up with your adventures. You need to post your new knitting projects too ;-)

No Regrets Gamma said...

Thanks Melissa.I really appreciate those people that blog now. Lots of time and work involved but I think it will keep me inspired too.

Unknown said...

Eeeeek, I am lucky if I can get out of bed without falling over as my bones are all stiff from arthritis! I need some of your good go-go juice!

Cathy